28 Jul Simple Trans-Seasonal Mood Boosting Frittata Recipe
One of the best things that you can do for yourself is feed your body with healthy, mood enhancing foods. This recipe offers a simple option to give your mood and your diet a boost! Another bonus of this recipe is that it’s versatile – yummy whether cold or warmed up, for lunch or dinner, in summer autumn, winter or spring. Plus, it’s portable! Don’t you feel better already?!
Butternut Pumpkin, Sundried Tomato and Fetta Frittata
2 tablespoons olive oil
200g butternut pumpkin, diced into 2cm cubes
100g sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
50g sunflower or pumpkin seeds
50g feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the diced pumpkin in a roasting pan and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the sundried tomatoes, cooled pumpkin and seeds. Crumble in the feta, then gently combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof pan and pour in the mixture. Cook it gently on the stove over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the eggs start to set.
- Place the pan in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the frittata has puffed up and turned golden.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes or so before cutting into wedges. Serve on its own or with a salad.
Tip: You could also and some sliced mushrooms and spinach for some added mood-boosting benefits.
At Get Off Drugs Naturally we believe in using nutrition and nutritional supplements as an important component in our recovery program. Please call our centre on 1300 88 7676 for more information on the importance of nutrition in helping to boost how you feel and assist you toward recovery.